Plumbing in East African Countries
Bukenya Geoffrey - Head of Department
- Wasswa John – Departmental Gamesmaster / Secretary/ Assistant Head of Department
- Kaggwa Abraham - Teacher
- Ssemberege Apollo Grace
- Ssemata Reymond
- Tayebwa Rodgers – Storekeeper
This Department has classrooms located on two different blocks of buildings, two large Workshops, two Offices and a Store.
The Department originated in Wairaka where it ceased to operate in the early sixties and was then transferred to this Institute at that very time. It has evolved through various activities such as Blacksmithing and Forging to the modern day Plumbing Work and also through names such as Plumbing in Tropical Lands to the current Plumbing in East African Countries.
(a) Full time courses
PLUMBING IN EAST AFRICAN COUNTRIES CRAFT COURSE PART I WITH THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS
- Craft Technology I
- Applied Craft Science I
- Technical Drawing
PLUMBING IN EAST AFRICAN COUNTRIES CRAFT COURSE PART II (Advanced Craft)
- Technology II
- Advanced Plumbing Technology
- Applied Science and Calculations
- Site Management / Foremanship
- Workshop Practice and Technology II.
- Initiated some Site Work by attracting the neighboring institutions.
- Managed to uplift the sanitary condition of the Institute and the neighborhood by installing, repairing and maintaining the water and sewerage
- systems and appliances.
- Initiated some production work.
- Enrolment has steadily increased.