Carpentry and Joinery
Departmental Staff Members:
Baryakira Park - Head of Department
- Magala Joseph - Assistant Head of Department
- Lutwama Edson
- Bukenya Godfrey
- Bro. Kasumba Mathias
- Kasozi Charles Bukenya
- Nantumbwe Mary - Store Keeper
This course is the first one among others which started in 1911. It is thus the oldest course started by the White Fathers Missionaries.
Carpentry and Joinery Department has the manpower capacity to handle up to 120 students. The teachers are well trained and experienced.
The department has three blocks semi attached, for production and workshop practices.
The department is equipped with modern hand tools that have enhanced performance at workshop practice. The third block comprises the departmental library and first year workshop, which temporarily is being used as a lecture room for Diploma students of Civil Engineering course.
To prepare and graduate well skilled people in their respective areas and levels of specialization
The department focuses at producing graduates who will have positive attitude towards whatever they do, respect those they serve and produce good quality work and services.
Words of Wisdom
- It is hard to beat a person who never gives up.
- Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot.
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. Only lend what you can afford to lose.